Thailand Travel Guide A Vagabond Life
Thailand Travel Guide
We have spent an enormous of time amount in Thailand, in fact for a number of years we lived in Chiang Rai for several months each year.
Thailand is in Southeast Asia with coasts on the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand. Known as the land of smiles Thailand has wonderful friendly people, great food, a tropical climate, and a diverse culture.
Travelling in Thailand is relatively easy and a great place to start a journey through S.E Asia.
Table Of Contents
Thailand Travel Map
Five Quick Facts About Travelling In Thailand
- Thailand is a relatively safe and easy country to travel in, its a great country to start in if you have never travelled in Asia. However like anywhere it is important to exercise normal, sensible safety measures.
- Most westerners can enter Thailand visa-except for a specific period – see VISA TAB for more details.
- Thailand has an exceptional transport network with all manner of modes venturing all over the country – see GETTING AROUND TAB.
- You will find English spoken in most cities, larger towns and major tourists spots, however it is advisable (and polite) to learn a few basic Thai words such as please, thank you and hello.
- Avoid mosquito bites. While Thailand has pretty much eradicated malaria some cases have popped up on the Burmese border in recent years. Dengue is endemic throughout Thailand. Use a repellent with deet in it and cover up in light coloured clothing to avoid mosquito bites.
World Destination Guide
There are 195 countries in the world stretching across seven continents – so there is an awful lot to see.Where to begin? Many people are inspired by a movie they have seen or a story they have heard, or a desire to see the land of their ancestors.
Use the drop-down on the right to explore the world.