Vietnam Destination Guide A Vagabond Life
Vietnam Travel Guide
We have travelled extensively in Vietnam and it is a firm favourite. The diversity of the landscape, the amazing people and lets not forget the incredible food makes Vietnam a place that should be on your ‘must see’ list.
Capital: Hanoi | Language: Vietnamese | Money: Dong
Climate: Diverse – from bitterly cold winters in the northern mountains to tropical in the south and on the coast
Table Of Contents
Five Quick Facts About Travelling In Vietnam
- Vietnam has an excellent, inexpensive transport system which while may seem chaotic actually works well. Buses are the most common and efficient way to get around the country.
- Nationals from most countries need a Pre-arranged visa to enter the country. See the Visa tab for more information.
- It is illegal to take photos of some government buildings or military installations – be careful when you are taking photos and ask before hand if you are not sure.
- English is spoken in major cities and town and in tourist areas, in remote areas there is little English spoken. It is always advisable to learn a few basic words and phrases when travelling.
- Avoid mosquito bites. While Vietnam has pretty much eradicated malaria especially in main cities some cases have popped up along the Laos border in recent years. Dengue is found throughout Vietnam peaking in the summer months. Use a repellent with deet in it and cover up in light coloured clothing to avoid mosquito bites.
World Destination Guide
There are 195 countries in the world stretching across seven continents – so there is an awful lot to see.Where to begin? Many people are inspired by a movie they have seen or a story they have heard, or a desire to see the land of their ancestors.
Use the drop-down on the right to explore the world.