Turkey Travel Guide A Vagabond Life
Turkey Travel Guide
Turkey sits mainly in the region of West Asia, with a small section in Southeastern Europe. Turkey offers a wealth of destination varieties to travellers the bustling city of Istanbul to Roman ruins on the west coast to incredible scenery and coastlines.
Climate: The coastal areas of Turkey bordering the Aegean Sea and the Mediterranean Sea have a hot-summer Mediterranean climate, with hot, dry summers and mild to cool, wet winters. The coastal areas of Turkey bordering the Black Sea have a temperate climate with warm, wet summers and cool to cold, wet winters.
Table Of Contents
Turkey Travel Guides
Turkey Travel Guide Map
Tips For Travelling In Turkey
1. Visas are dependant on the country you are from. 78 countries enjoy visa free privileges and another 40 can apply for visas on line in a quick and easy process. See the Visa tab for more information
2. Download Google Translate – Turkey to your phone. Outside the main cities very little English is spoken and this app will be invaluable.
3. Download Maps.Me the off line navigation app. This little app will help you get to your accommodation and around cities and towns without internet connection. Make sure you download the area you are going to when you have WIFI so you’re set to go when you get there.
4. Turkey has excellent public transport with all towns and cities having a bus network with buses seemingly departing for every destination imaginable. We found google maps to be excellent in finding out which bus to catch and what the timetable was.
5. The Turkish Rail app is handy as is the website although be aware that many tickets are not released on line until 3 dasy before the travel day and popular routes have often sold out by then. We had to use a travel agent to book tickets from Ankara to Istanbul and we used Amber Travel who are excellent.
6. Drinking Water – Its is advisable to drink bottled water while travelling in Turkey. Bottled water is inexpensive and readily available.
7..Carry some cash – it is always a good idea to carry some cash with you as not all cafes, bars and restaurants accept cards especially in the more remote areas of the country.
8. Summers can be HOT so pack accordingly.
World Destination Guide
There are 195 countries in the world stretching across seven continents – so there is an awful lot to see.Where to begin? Many people are inspired by a movie they have seen or a story they have heard, or a desire to see the land of their ancestors.
Use the drop-down on the right to explore the world.