Russia Travel Guide A Vagabond Life
Russia Travel Guide
Russia is big, it’s the biggest country in the world covering one-eighth of the worlds inhabited land area. It is over 9000 kilometres from one side to the other and it is where the continents of Europe and Asia meet.
Russia is as diverse as it is big with strong Asian influences in the East and a distinct European feel in the west.
Russia also has an fascinating history which is show-cased in the many incredible museums across the country.
Table Of Contents
Russia Travel Guides
Russia Travel Guides
Seven Tips For Travelling In Russia
1. You WILL need a visa to travel in Russia. Tourist Visas are normally 30 days. See the VISA tab for more information
2. Download Google Translate – Russian to your phone. Outside the main cities very little English is spoken and this app will be invaluable.
3. Download Maps.Me the off line navigation app. This little app will help you get to your accommodation and around cities and towns without internet connection. Make sure you download the area you are going to when you have WIFI so you’re set to go when you get there.
4. Russia has excellent public transport with all towns and cities having a bus network and the larger cities having metro systems. We found google maps to be excellent in finding out which bus to catch and what the timetable was.
5. Drinking Water – Its is advisable to drink bottled water while travelling in Russia. Bottled water is inexpensive and readily available.
6..Carry some cash – it is always a good idea to carry some cash with you as not all cafes, bars and restaurants accept cards especially in the more remote areas of the country.
7. Summers can be HOT so pack accordingly.
World Destination Guide
There are 195 countries in the world stretching across seven continents – so there is an awful lot to see.Where to begin? Many people are inspired by a movie they have seen or a story they have heard, or a desire to see the land of their ancestors.
Use the drop-down on the right to explore the world.