Spain Travel Guide A Vagabond Life
Spain Travel Guide
On the Iberian peninsula Spain is a sovereign state with 17 autonomous regions that offer vastly different terrains, climates and cultures and foods.
Spain history is fascinating and diverse history with influence from multiple cultures including Moorish and Roman.
I love all of Spain but my favourite region is possibly Southern Spain and the Andalusian region – its a fantastic place to escape the northern European winter.
Table Of Contents
Spain Travel Guides
Spain Travel Map
Five Quick Facts About Travelling In Spain
- Spain is a safe country to travel in although do watch for pick pockets in the large tourist centres such as Barcelona and Madrid.
- Spain has a good transport system from getting around the country with train and bus running to all of the country. See Getting Around Tab for more information
- English is widely spoken across Spain making travel easy. As always it is polite to learn a few basic works of the language.
- Spain is relatively cheap to travel in however you will pay premium prices in Barcelona and on the coast in peak season.
- Spain is part of the Schengen Visa Area. See the Visa Tab for further details.
World Destination Guide
There are 195 countries in the world stretching across seven continents – so there is an awful lot to see.Where to begin? Many people are inspired by a movie they have seen or a story they have heard, or a desire to see the land of their ancestors.
Use the drop-down on the right to explore the world.