Spain Travel Guide A Vagabond Life
Spain Travel Guide
Spain, a country brimming with rich history, diverse landscapes, and vibrant culture, beckons travelers from around the world to explore its enchanting corners. From the sun-soaked beaches of the Costa del Sol to the bustling streets of Barcelona and the historic allure of Madrid, Spain offers an exhilarating journey through time and culture.
Spain’s history is a tapestry woven with threads from various civilizations. Phoenicians, Romans, Moors, and Visigoths have all left their mark on this Iberian land, each contributing to its unique character. The medieval period saw the emergence of powerful Christian kingdoms, such as Castile and Aragon, leading to the Reconquista, a centuries-long struggle to reclaim the Iberian Peninsula from Moorish rule. This era culminated in 1492 with the voyages of Christopher Columbus, a testament to Spain’s exploration and global influence.
Today, Spain welcomes travelers with open arms to explore its historic cities, like Toledo and Segovia, adorned with UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and immerse themselves in the fiery rhythms of flamenco, savor paella, and sip fine wines. Whether you seek the architectural wonders of Antoni Gaudí in Barcelona or the tranquil olive groves of Andalusia, Spain’s diverse landscapes and vibrant culture promise a journey like no other. Come, embark on an adventure that spans centuries, and discover the soul of Spain.
Table Of Contents
Table of Contents
Spain Travel Map
Top 5 Things To See & Do In Spain
Need To Know
Five Quick Facts About Travelling In Spain
- Spain is a safe country to travel in although do watch for pick pockets in the large tourist centres such as Barcelona and Madrid.
- Spain has a good transport system from getting around the country with train and bus running to all of the country. See Getting Around Tab for more information
- English is widely spoken across Spain making travel easy. As always it is polite to learn a few basic works of the language.
- Spain is relatively cheap to travel in however you will pay premium prices in Barcelona and on the coast in peak season.
- Spain is part of the Schengen Visa Area. See the Visa Tab for further details.