Italy travel Guide A Vagabond Life
Italy Travel Guide
I lived in Venice Italy for 2 years and have been back to different parts of Italy many times since. It is an incredible country to visit with amazing history and culture and the food ….well yum!
From the far northern mountains to the tip of the boot Italy promises a diverse and fascinating trip. When travelling in Italy try to get off the well worn tourist trail and get into the small villages and travel the back roads – you wont regret it.
Table Of Contents
Italy Travel Guides
Italy Travel Guide
Five Quick Facts About Travelling In Italy
- Italy is a safe country to travel in however do watch for pick pockets in major tourist destination particularly around transport hubs.
- Italy has a very good transport system with multiple options to get you around the country. Italy’s transport system is prone to strike action so keep an eye on the news and be prepared to adapt your plans. See Getting Around Tab for more information
- English is widely spoken across Italy making travel easy. As always it is polite to learn a few basic works of the language.
- Italy is not a particularly cheap country to travel in however by travelling off -season, staying in guest houses or similar and eating in local restaurants you can easily have a cost effective Italian holiday.
- Health in Italy is good so by exercising a normal hygiene regime, staying away from stray animals and eating well the risk to health while travelling in Italy is low (although always have travel insurance just in case).
World Destination Guide
There are 195 countries in the world stretching across seven continents – so there is an awful lot to see.Where to begin? Many people are inspired by a movie they have seen or a story they have heard, or a desire to see the land of their ancestors.
Use the drop-down on the right to explore the world.