Greece Travel Guide A Vagabond Life
Greece Travel Guide
Greece is a stunning country with a plethora of Islands both quiet and busy, incredible mountain ranges and lets not forget the food – some of the best in the world.
I spent a glorious week on Santorini on a lounge bed with a view of the med – the perfect antidote to 4 months on the road.
When visiting this wonderful country don’t forget to spend time on the mainland. Explore ancient villages and towns and for the history buffs take a trip up to Delphi.
Start or finish your trip in the historical capital Athens.
Table Of Contents
Greece Travel Guides
Greece Travel Map
Five Quick Facts About Travelling In Greece
- Greece is a safe country to travel in with the majority of people being helpful and friendly. Crime rates are low, however scams do happen in high tourist areas so be aware.
- Greece is part of the Schengen Visa Area Policy with visa free travel to citizens of many countries – see VISA tab for more details.
- There is very good public transport which is easy to navigate and inexpensive to use.
- English is widely spoken making travel easy. As always it is polite to learn a few basic works of the language.
- It is illegal to take photographs of military installations or other strategic locations and these laws are taken very seriously.
World Destination Guide
There are 195 countries in the world stretching across seven continents – so there is an awful lot to see.Where to begin? Many people are inspired by a movie they have seen or a story they have heard, or a desire to see the land of their ancestors.
Use the drop-down on the right to explore the world.